Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Baby Started Preschool


Yesterday was Cannon's first day of preschool at the Little Learning Ranch. He was so excited and had a great day. I was getting a little teary when we were walking up to the door but I pulled it together. We went inside put his backpack in his cubby and his lunchbox in the fridge. Then Ms. Trish took our picture. I wanted one with her but he started hiding behind me. Just like Carson use to do. We decided to wait until the end of the day.

The time came for me to GO. Oh, it was so hard and I cry now thinking about it. On one hand I am excited for him because he is such a big boy but the other hand says,"Where did my baby go? I want him back." I have had the wonderful privilege to be at home with my boys each day. I have loved it. I am so thankful for this time I have had. I know, I know he has two years of preschool he isn't going to college but it will happen sooner than I want!


OK, back to LLR. I gave him several hugs and left. I walked quickly to the car trying not to make eye contact with anyone. I closed my door and let it out. I cried all the way home and then some. I called Shane on the way home to cry to him. I think he was a little sad too. Not as much as me though!!


When I went to pick him up he had a great day and took a picture with both his teachers. He was asking to go back today. It is going to be an very exciting time.

I had the boys stand by the sign. Two former students and one present! We love the Little Learnig Ranch.

1 comment:

Cindy- My Life HIS Story said...

Casey,
That little guy is ADORABLE!!! And you are right. College comes way too fast! I remember taking Chelsea to her first day of kindergarten. I was a part of a team doing a week long training in Bryson. Needless to say, we worked the schedule so I could take her to school then drive down. I cried the WHOLE way. I'm a sap.