Monday, October 20, 2008

I Think HE Is Telling Me Something

This is only my 3rd post and I want this blog to be about my family and daily life that are crazy at times but also about what God is trying to teach me through everyday events. I am a stay-at-home Mom and I love it. I have gone through phases of thinking this was not what I was supposed to be doing and whined to friends, but every time I always come back to my boys. And this is where I am supposed to be. If I don't get this thing right of teaching them to love Jesus with all their heart and learning to live their life for HIM then I have failed. I take my job of Mom and wife very serious. (At times)



This weekend while Big Guy and I were on our own with no children (thank you Nonnie and Pawpaw) we had time to visit and my favorite thing of all was picking up stumps and sticks. Yep you read that right. We were on the 4-wheeler with our little red trailer driving through the pasture picking up stumps and sticks. And the funny thing is that I have said over and over I will not be helping him do that. It's his job. I even said it to some of my favorite people on Thursday night. And there I was Saturday afternoon doing just that. And I had a good time. Hanging our with my guy and helping him. That is what marriage is about, right?



After our work was all through we went to see the movie Fireproof. (Highly recommended) It is all about marriage and how we sometimes have to do things for our mate that we don't want to do. I have to put him first and by me doing that it will make him see Jesus in me and then he will want to do things for me. My only concern is loving him and doing things for him. Not what I will get in return! When we got home I started looking over my Sunday School lesson for the next day. I teach Jr. High girls in SS and love it. They are so much fun and a joy! Anyway, our lesson was on marriage and how God ordained it from Creation between Adam and Eve. He gave Eve to Adam as a companion and helpmate. And that is what he has done for me and my guy. We are there to help each other, support each other, raise our boys to be Godly men, and serve God together. I am so blessed to have my Big Guy!!!

Sorry I didn't get it turned! This was the other exciting part. Trimming limbs around the house and barn!! When we are at home we have to be "Bustin' It". There is always something to be done. And this weekend I was able to really help him out!

Now I need to go. We are in serious Potty Training Bootcamp around here!

1 comment:

Cindy- My Life HIS Story said...

What a wonderful testimony of what marriage is supposed to be about. Casey, I'm seeing more and more of Jesus in you! Never doubt He is at work in your sweet little life! I love you, dear friend!!
Cindy

http://mylifehisstory.blogspot.com/